As I am so new to blogging I am feeling so privileged to have been nominated by The Simple Beginner for the Liebster award! Janice is a 20 something from Sydney, Australia and writes one of my favourite blogs ‘The Simple Beginner’ . If you haven’t already check it out here. I love the principal of the Liebester award as it encourages peoples to promote and support each other, and it spreads such a positive message.
So once again thank you for discovering and nominating my blog
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers (I haven’t stuck to this rule)
– Answer the 10 questions from the blogger who nominated you
– Think of 10 different questions to ask the 10 bloggers you nominated (or this)
(There are different rules for this award but I’ve continued the rules from the blogger who nominated me).
1. If you wear nail polish, which shades are your go-to? (Pastels, brights, monochrome etc)
I always go for Pastel shades, my two favorites are a YSL shade called Jade Imperial and a Chanel shade called Frenzy.
2. What’s an extreme adventure / sport you would like to give a go? (Skydiving, bungee-jumping, shark diving etc)
I have always wanted to do a bungee jump, it has been on my bucket list for a while (Sorry mum)
3. Imagine you just landed in Sydney (Australia), what is the first thing you’d want to do?
Probably be a typical tourist and head to the Opera House to take a selfie,
4. If you only had $10 in your pocket, what would you buy at the shops?
This is the easiest question… Food! I’m always hungry and love trying new things so I would almost definitely buy food of some description!
5. Do you like brain games such as sudoku, search words, crosswords etc?
I can keep myself entertained for hours with a Sudoku book, I usually do them when I go and visit my Grandad
6. What’s the name of your favourite cafe or restaurant? Where is it?
Possibly the hardest question… I have so many favorites: My favourite for Brunch is Ffionas, Kensington. My favourite for lunch is Muriel’s Kitchen, South Ken. My favourite for burgers: Meat & Liquor, My favourite for Indian food is Maharani, Soho and my favourite Afternoon tea is at Ladurée, Covent Garden.
7. What are your favourite flowers?
8. If you met your favourite celebrity, what would you say to them?
9. Where do you like to take time out for yourself? (It could be in the bathroom having a bath, bedroom, cafe, friend’s house etc)
I like to go back to my parents house, they live in the countryside so its very peaceful and a nice break from the city!
10. If you were handed a one-way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
New York, I’ve always wanted to go, probably a hangover from my SATC series marathons
11. What is your favourite genre of music?
It really depends what mood I am in! I like a lot of Indie/Folk music like Mumford and Sons and The Lumineers but equally love Hip Hop/RnB
I really struggled to think of ten interesting question so rather than asking 10 questions, O have decided to write a little about each of the ten blogs that I have chosen to nominate and how they have inspired me. In no particular order:
- The Green Bowl – This blog contains some of the best healthy food inspiration I have ever seen, every post is absolutely beautiful!
- Glitters and Jitters – I love her inspirational quotes and beauty reviews!
- T’s Spoonful of Sugar – Another beautiful and inspiring blog, that draws attention to the little things in life we should appreciate more.
- My Lip Addiction – Great product reviews and writing style, I always want to try out products she recommends.
- Well Thought Out Twinkles – Has some amazing photography, always bright and cheerful.
- MagicFifty – This blog is written by my mum, so she has a little advantage as she has been an inspiration through my whole life. But her blog contains beautiful photos of her wonderful adventures.
- Surrey Vs London – Great Blog for Londoners – in fact one of my favourite blogs that I get a lot of inspiration for activities and restaurants from.
- The Lifestyle Diaries – One of the first blogs I ever followed, and one of my favorites. SO bubbly and full of great ideas on places to eat, go and things to make and bake!
- It Started In Oxford – Written by a kind, encouraging and inspiring Author who gave me such a huge confidence boost
- Life’s melody – Has some great recipes and photos! And always leaves lovely, positive feedback.
So I haven’t really stuck to the rules, and I appreciate several of those I have nominated have only recently posted their own Liebster award post but I just wanted to take the opportunity to show my appreciation and thanks to those who have encouraged and inspired me! (Sorry again for breaking the rules)